about amplifiers

tell the working of amplifiers

Reply to
v.prudhvi krishna

The art of electronics is a nice book that could help. Go to the library and look for it

Reply to
MooseFET

little signal goes in, big signal goes out now where's my butter chicken?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com a écrit :

You forgot to power it on, so it's an attenuator...

--
Thanks,
Fred.

I know someone who spent an hour trying to figure out why a RF amplifier didn't work only to discover that he didn't switch it on.

Reply to
MooseFET

Not if its a mechanical amplifier.

Michael A. Terrell

But look at the negative *gain*...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Amplidynes need power...

Reply to
Robert Baer

And if the amplifier is and inverter, then when you don't power it on you have double inverted it's working, that is you have a non inverting attenuator. That's straightforward.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

??? If you're think about levers these are more like transformers.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Google strikes again !

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Spool valve? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Don't know what a _spool_ valves is.

But I'd bet it requires some power source of some sort and that it transforms it, like every amplifiers do.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Yes - it's a hydraulic valve that takes an input and moves a larger hydraulic thing, i.e., it amplifies the input force.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You can't amplify mechanical POWER passively. You might amplify individually say torque or speed at the expense of another variable but not power. In fact it will be lossy passively.

Basic physics.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

I bet it uses the hydraulic input as a power source.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

It does require a hydraulic power source, yes, but it's not necessarily driven by a hydraulic input - the input can be mechanical, or practically any other transducer.

But I don't think anyone needs to be told that to amplify, you need another power source.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yawn. Typical basic ignorance on your part.

Look up a 'mechanical amplifier' as used in very early telephone systems. It was a modified telephone earpiece that was mechanically connected to the diaphragm of a carbon microphone. It was used for early long distance service, before bi-directional tube amps were invented.

It is now a rarely mention part of electronics history, like electrolytic rectifiers.

Michael A. Terrell