A small rant about the 555 :-)

-)

=A0;-)

n?

Sloman is a rare bird here - intelligent, educated, authoritative. His only obvious fault is that he wastes too much time in this increasingly irrelevant N.G., irrelevance that appears to correlate with the progression of J.T.'s dementia. Quite sad really.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Even better: LM324

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

--
Not trying to be unkind, but since the pinout is cast in stone it makes
no difference whether your pinout scheme would be better or not.

What does make sense is to draw your schematic in a way that makes the
operation of the device simple to visualize; inputs on the left and top,
outputs on the right and bottom whenever possible, and to let the pinout
fall where it may.

For example: (View in Courier)

In this example of an astable, to keep the part symmetrical and because
they\'re not used for anything, I put the RESET\\ and VC pins on the
right, along with the output, and the important frequency and
pulse-width inputs on the left.

VCC and GND are located at the top and bottom, as is the convention for
power wiring.

Easy to read, yes?

VCC>--+----------------------+----------+
      |                      |8         |
    [12K]               +----+----+     |
      |                 |_  Vcc   |     |
      +--------------7-O|D      VC|-5-  |
      |                 |        _|     |
      +---[470K]---+--6-|TH      R|O-4--+
      |            |    |__       |     |
      +-[1N4148>]--+-2-O|TR    OUT|-3---|--->OUT
                   |    |   GND   |     |
                  [C]   +----+----+  [0.1µF]
                   |         |1         |
GND>---------------+---------+----------+

        _                       _
OUT____| |_____________________| |____

    -->| |
Reply to
John Fields

USENET is open 24 hrs. a day. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

10-4
Reply to
Jamie

Jim, were you involved in the 10116/10216 line receivers?

Reply to
who where

No, that was after my time at Motorola. I did, however, design a couple of LVDS devices for Fairchild (Portland, Maine, ~2001). ...Jim Thompson

man?

ad

Move to the Netherlands and you certainly would be unemployable.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

n?

Fittng in the bill in my case would mean being a few years younger. If I suffered from krw's restricted skill set, I'd need to be about 20 years younger. Being a little more flexible, I did manage to get a job here when I was 57, which was widely held to be something of a miracle.

So, if somebody has a time machine ...

Who is whining?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

-)

=A0;-)

n?

Care to quote an example of this behaviour?

Or would you prefer to remain labelled as a "trypical" right-wing liar?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Who in their right mind would move to that hell-hole?

Reply to
krw

If you "suffered" my restricted skill set you wouldn't be unemployable. Obviously. I am. You can't.

You. Incessantly.

Reply to
krw

Look in a mirror, Slowman.

No liar here, Slowman. You are the prototypical leftist loser.

Reply to
krw

I find it hard to believe that you had any involvement in PortLand, Me? or Maine in general. After all, you do know what they say? We're all related !

Have a good

Reply to
Jamie

But what's keeping you in the Netherlands, Bill?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

--
I\'d say your entire employment history was nothing _but_ a series of
miracles. ;)

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
A prime example is that in your inability to use 555\'s where it\'s the
device of choice, you brand everyone who can use them to good effect as,

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Funny. Here I am about to turn 70, and I'm still getting chip design jobs. Must be something wrong with my "restricted skill set" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Potheads? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise