a question on supercapacitor. please do me a favor

I encounterd some difficuties in my experiment,and the most big question is that how is the eletrode prepared? According to the literatures, electroactive materials were mixed with PTFE and to yield a homogeneous paste .Then the paste was spread on the

current collectors. I want to know how could the electrode made by ? Is there need some special machine? and it seemed difficult to balance every electrode on its area, thickness as well as the weight of the electroactive materials. There are many pits on the surface of my electrode , and i can't manage to trim it . I would appreciate to receive your kind advices.

Best regards

Yuhan Lin

Reply to
nanoheart

Nanoheart, You believe a supercapacitor is made with some household stuff, easily to redo in every kitchen ? Since it took them so long to invent it, I guess it is not that easy. I has to be a high Epsilon in the field and the field area has to me maximal, possibly fractal. Since the voltages are limited, the gap has to be rather small, in the micrometers. A patent search on super caps might bring up something.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar