A more sensitive RF diode?

Am 30.09.19 um 11:21 schrieb Jan Panteltje:

A friend of mine could toggle the street lights in the Schlangenbader Tunnel in Berlin. 1 KW from 4*12V batteries on 144 MHz. That was from an old BMW 730 Diesel without any electronics. A modern car would not survive that.

Another one, from Luxemburg, had a Drake L4B in his car, with a generator in the trunk. And the L4B was open, so he could easier get a high impedance source for the somewhat short antenna on 80m.

We could play Star Wars with fluorescent tubes on the parking lot.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Yep, people with solar powered calculators and PV roofs should be held more responsible for running down the sun.

piglet

Reply to
Piglet

Actually "Radio 208" is 1440 kHz, so the difference was 18 kHz.

Reply to
upsidedown

I didn't have to do it when I lived in the UK, but the people who had had to do it seemed to have been convinced that somebody would have gone after them if they hadn't.

Ridicule works if you know what you are talking about. You don't seem to.

--
bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

NT doesn't seem to know what he is talking about either - he frequently doesn't.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to