Fujitsu Develops Technology for High-Reliability Gallium Nitride HEMT

Fujitsu Develops Technology for High-Reliability Gallium Nitride HEMT

50V, 200 degrees C junction temp, 100 years lifetime. Will be a while before you can buy any of those...
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Nice. Check out the Arrhenius plot, though...they're extrapolating from about a week's worth of data at 300C. Not the most persuasive data, even by the dubious standards of accelerated aging. They might turn out to be tasty to mice, for instance which of course would produce very large 1/f noise. ;) (This actually happened with undersea cables and sharks, about 20 years ago.)

Cheers,

Phil hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On a sunny day (Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:17:19 GMT) it happened Phil Hobbs wrote in :

They do the same with DVDs and claim your data will be safe for 100 years.... :-)

rats

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That's great news. We blew up almost $1000 worth of Nitronex GaN fets in two days.

John

Great news that it will be a while before you can blow up some of these, or great news that they're being developed?

--
-jiw
Reply to

Both!

John

John, you brute, you're the stuff FETs--in their worst moments--dream of. You *are* the thing which--for them--goes bump in the night!

My hat's off to you sir.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Fets nshould be like wine, "We shall sell no fets before their time", which Nitronex sure did. GaN on silicon had/has a huge defect density.

My engineer who was working with these things, "samples" at $125 each, told me he'd blown up four that morning. "Want too see?" he asked me.

John

I was wondering, "What's a HEMT?" so to not appear the ignoramus I put it into google, and got this:

It's very comprehensive, but can any of you gurun tell me if it's accurate? :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise