A letter from China

There was a guy who registered ATI.com (back before they were bought by AMD) and ran a sort of a business selling plastic dog sh*t.. Artificial Turd Industries or something like that. I think he eventually got some money and closed up his "shop" shortly thereafter.

Ah, here he is (assuming he's telling the truth..):

(elsewhere) "They finally settled for a substantial sum...."

"Squatting", indeed.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

How can you be insulted by the rantings of an insect?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

domain names:

THAT is exactly what they would like to do. Such "letters" from China are not common, but we have found that those letters are an attempt to get money.

Reply to
Robert Baer

domain names:

No law. Registrars do not care. ICAN does not care. Absolutely no organization cares and you would be lucky to even GET a response if you contacted all orgs that even seem to have anything to do with registration, use, misuse, etc.

Reply to
Robert Baer

domain names:

They'll gladly take his money for "services rendered" though.

What a circus.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:32:39 -0700 (PDT)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@fonz.dk" wrote in :

domain names:

Well I do not live in Denmark. I seems a bit similar to accusing somebody of sexual abuse after voluntary having sex with the person, like in Sweden that wikileaks guy. Very strange laws.

I know some domains have been sold for milions in the past. If you can guess the name of the next US president... Speculation, I think most possibilities are already taken.

Come to think of it... my time warp:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:43:58 -0700 (PDT)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@fonz.dk" wrote in :

Intel pissed me of some years ago when they started suing every website that had the word 'inside' in it. Like from that slogan 'Intel inside'. When claiming normal words in a language I think things go way too far. I have boycotted Intel for many years for that. Unfortunately they started making better chips than AMD, so I no longer had a choice then :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

rt

r s=3D

th =3D

und=3D

- t=3D

an

er.

=3D

vio=3D

ibi=3D

=3D

hat

Didn't Sprint lay claim to "Push-to-Talk", or "Push-to-Transmit" at the trademark office? Hell, that lingo's been around since the 60's, at least. Maybe a lot earlier. - Jim can tell us for sure. :)

Reply to
mpm

domain names:

Absolutely & positively; Right On!!!

Reply to
Robert Baer

court

squatter s=3D

the

with =3D

be

"cool-sound=3D

sites -- t=3D

he can

squatter.

got

(E.g.=3D

obvio=3D

prohibi=3D

buy u=3D

trademarks

website that

far.

It has been around longer than the 1960s, it was used in ARRL handbooks from the 1940s.

Reply to
josephkk
[snip]

"Push-to-Talk" has been around ever since I can remember, so WWII or earlier. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

The insult of an insect would be a compliment to you, Babbler.

--

> Thanks,
> Rich

Reply to
John Doe

Dear registrant of "throbbingbonerinside.com"....

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Come on! It was on the radio on the dinosaur you rode to school every day. ;-)

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.