A communication equation, help~

I have a quation for communication[Radio] (signal) . It is a period and autocorrelation signal X(t) . The equation is Rx(tau)=5-3 l tau l ,l tau l1. Please To solve the power of direct current (DC) from the X(t)? The answer is 3 or 5 W.Why? Thank you!!

Reply to
rita0322318

_Always_ include units in your equations. 2 x 3 does not equal 6 watts, it just equals 6.

Your equations are a bit too cryptic to make out. I wish I knew a good ASCII-art reference for clear equations, but I don't. The math newsgroups use LaTex syntax, which works pretty well.

Have you asked your professor or your class's teaching assistant for help? Fellow students?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott