5V switching IC

Yes. I'd agree with that thinking entirely. I have actually seen a number of circuits in odd locations, that are either 'based' on this, or share yet another common ancestor. There is another problem with the circuit, that some parts of the operation, will show up deficiencies in many of the circuit modelling programs. Though these are mainly excellent, especially when using devices in 'normal' enviroments, the results when pushing component behaviour, can be suprisingly different from the real devices...

BestWishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Did either of you read the description on the web page? Just for redundancy's sake:

I thought it was the best description of a circuit's operation I've ever seen.

And if you read on, he makes some recommendations as to upping the input voltage.

I'm very impressed by his web page, except at the very bottom in his ASCIImatic of a TIP3055 dummy load, he's got the 3055 upside down. :-) (maybe that's a test, to see if anybody reads all the way through the thing. ;-) )

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I don't have that kind of problem anymore... I can't even hear my Timex beep on the hour ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Thanks for the information. The circuit you suggested is neat. I agree that it is for a specific purpose and should be taken that way. Because of my low current requirement I was facing the dilema. For normal larger currents, I guess there are plenty of ready solutions. In the end I have decided to redesign my product around a 6V supply and use a LDO. Thanks for the efforts. Thanks Roger and everyone here Guru

Reply to
gurugoa

Especially when you have another frequency in the circuit which creates audible difference somewhere in audio stage.... sounds truly awful.

--
Siol
Rather than a heartless beep