5 Ghz Routers Cause Nausea & Dizziness - To You Too?

5 Ghz Routers Cause Nausea & Dizziness - To You Too?

The router shown in the figure is Linksys WRT600N Router, that is exactly the one I bought about 4 years ago but currently I operate it at 2.5 Ghz frequency only and I have closed the 5 Ghz band. It is an excellent router no question about it. It was written on the box to keep it 1 meter away from the body. If you are having 5 Ghz band ON for video streaming and even if you are sitting 1 meter away from the device, after 4 hours I think you will feel dizziness and after 8 hours nausea. It happened with me. Never had such feeling before. When I converted 5 Ghz video streaming to wired based, never had such Nausea & Dizziness. 5 Ghz is in microwave range of frequency spectrum.

takveen

6

Actually microwaves work at 2.45Ghz , which is closer to where you currently are operating.

Reply to
neddie

Microwave range of frequency spectrum, not operating frequency of a microwave oven. World of difference!

Looking at the RF spectrum bands could prove very illuminating methinks.

Reply to
Ray

I get headaches beginning at radio frequencies but it must be tied to its power output. I can't use a cellphone for long, nor can I tolerate the new wireless home phones, so I prefer to text. I can tolerate bluetooth headsets longer, but not as long as a wired phone.

That said, I've not had trouble with AP.

saturation

I have heard one definition of microwave frequencies to be 3 to 300 GHz. However, I have heard a lot in the years around 1980 of transistors being referred to as "microwave ones" merely due to how well they work in the GHz range below 3 GHz. That makes me think that the 1 to 3 GHZ range is "sometimes considered microwave".

As for what the radio spectrum is:

IIRC, USA's FCC regulates radio transmissions down to or even a little below 20 KHz. I somewhat recall actual practice of radio transmissions at

60 KHz - or was that 50?

And I do somewhat recall FCC regulating radio transmissions at frequencies as high as a roughly 5 millimeter oxygen absorption band around 60 GHz, used by satellites for determination of the temperature of a few various levels of Earth's atmosphere including at least 80, maybe

85% of the mass of Earth's atmosphere.

For that matter, the 30 to 300 GHz band is considered "millimeter waves" - as in higher frequency microwaves. I have heard of some oscillator achieving 450 ow was that 470 GHz, with wavelength around .64-.66 mm.

By some official standard, 1 mm wavelength and associated frequency of

300 GHz is "some official border" between radio frequencies (including microwave) and "low temperature thermal infrared".
--
 - Don Klipstein (don@misty.com)
Reply to