40 LED circuit

hey i want light up the numbers out side my house can you help me design a 40 LED circuit thanks

Reply to
steph676

Step 1: buy 40 LEDs. I recommend

- good folks, low prices. Step 2: wire them up.
You need to know what voltage you will power them with, and the forward voltage drop (usually listed in specifications for a specific LED).

Reply to
lektric.dan

Step 1: buy 40 LEDs. I recommend

- good folks, low prices. Step 2: wire them up.
You need to know what voltage you will power them with, and the forward voltage drop (usually listed in specifications for a specific LED).

Great link Dan! I might never use it but it's still neat.

Reply to
Dennis

Go to this site:

search for "LED string light" and pick one or more that might be useful. There are *many* types eg.

Job done.

Reply to
David Eather

Sure! Only $240.00/hr.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

How about *making* the numbers with 3" high 5x7 dot matrix led units.

Just work out which LEDs to light and calculate appropriate resistors to run it from the bell transformer.

Dont forget to mount the numbers in the shade under the porch - or black paint over the unuserd LEDs to make the numbers visible in daylight.

Reply to
Ian Field