300V emitter follower

Are there any special design considerations for using a simple Darlington emitter follower to drive a resistive load at 300 1AV?

The signal is a 30Hz (not KHz) sinewave at audio line level.

Given the low frequency, what would be a bombproof transistor to use for the 300V rail?

Regards,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Donald

"Martin Donald" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

What 1AV ? How much is that resistive load?

What sense does it make to drive a darlington with a sinewave at audio line level? How much is that anyway? 500mV ?

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

At those V-I levels, it is worth creating a collector circuit I_V load line upon which you superimpose Pmax and SOA limit curves derived from the transistor datasheet.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

What's an AV ? Do you mean a VA ?

What's the load resistance/impedance and the signal amplitude ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"Martin Donald"

** The question as posted is nonsensical.

Try explaining your need in simple language.

It is obvious that technical terminology is beyond you.

Reply to
Phil Allison