2 GHz buffer with 2N390x

Dang! - My measurments were not full characterization, but in-circuit with low I_c. So, not peak and I_c might explain most of the variation!

Now that I've got the gear, I could do proper measurements if I can find some older ones.

Thanks for spotting that out!

--
mikko
Reply to

that he could get 5W of RF at 27 MHz form a 2N3055. I gave him one. As I ex pected, he didn't even get a miliwatt output, which was as low as I could m easure in my home shop at 17. He was like Sloman. He knew everything, yet h e often needed help to repair a TV.

To be fair you can get 5w of 27MHZ out of a 3055... just feed 5w at 27MHz i nto all 3 terminals.

3055s were greased lightning compared to germanium power trans.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The article is not about the 2GHz buffer. A 200MHz buffer will work here too, that's why they don't care about it.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred