10R in gate drive

gate.What is

value

transitions.

(John

Then these guys need training. Badly. Soon. Very soon.

Maybe you could get a few free samples if you say you are a taster sent by Zeitgeist :-)

Oh yes, very nice area. I would not mind holding seminars there.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

We had one guy here in town who was parked near a supermarket and wanted to go on a jog. A buck cornered him and then went into full attack mode. AFAIR the guy ended in emergency surgery.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

transitions.

As discussed, exact value may not be critical. But one thing that has not been expressed is the issue of multiple MOSFETs in parallel, as is common in high current PWM DC motor drives as used in many EVs. The turn-on point may differ among devices, from normal variation and temperature effects. In order to reduce current hogging by one or two devices, the gate resistor

allows the voltage output of the gate driver to switch quickly, while the individual MOSFETs can reach the Miller plateau at nearly the same time.

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

On a sunny day (Tue, 11 Dec 2012 19:34:51 -0500) it happened snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote in :

is

value

You need to design a black box.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Of course, but pC add up fairly quickly and one has to be careful and make the good trades-off. I can't go much below the 100kHz region...

Well, I'm almost already there, with the bells and whistles too, but I'm not going to tell them before it's finished. Just in case...

--
Thanks,
Fred.

I didn't know they could get a license! What will they think of next...

Reply to
JW

Oh, come on! Bucks can drive, it's the Does that aren't allowed behind the wheel...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He didn't hit it, it slammed into the side of his car. Buck's fault, though he was uninsured.

Reply to
krw

is

value

Why? It already is.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Wed, 12 Dec 2012 09:08:20 -0500) it happened snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote in :

gate.What is

value

transitions.

OK, paint it some other color then.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

A Designated Driver is safest.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

gate.What is

value

transitions.

But then the smoke will show again.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:57:30 -0500) it happened snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote in :

gate.What is

value

transitions.

Saves on a smoke light :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

After the collision he was just half a buck, ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not even two bits.

Reply to
krw

Not if they share the same drain contact. If one parallel fet is enhanced sufficiently to start the fall in drain voltage of all of them, then the unenhanced parts will not tend to turn on until the drain transition is completed, due to individual miller charge transfer.

RL

Reply to
legg

That explains the No Does pills the truckers take.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

This would make him a buck regulator, would it not?

-- Dave Platt AE6EO Friends of Jade Warrior home page:

I do _not_ wish to receive unsolicited commercial email, and I will boycott any company which has the gall to send me such ads!

Reply to
Dave Platt

No, those are so they can listen to those all night trucking radio programs. Most does don't like that stuff! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Did he get his antlers back?

Reply to