1.5 VDC Pseudocell

Sure, but you're taking all the fun out of it.

--
RoRo
Reply to

There's a few problems with the suggested off-the-shelf solution. [1]

The most project fun happened last, after piglet (and another at eevblog) suggested 120R for R1 and 24R for R2. (piglet, with my last sentence, it suddenly became obvious to me why you use R to denote ohms. LOL.) Although 120R and 24R certainly work, you may still ask, "Are they optimal?" ROTFL. Let's have some fun and see! First, you set up a system of simultaneous linear equations (details shown at my updated link:

):

R1 R2

1 -5 0 1 1 150

Then you "plug and chug" the system through octave:

octave:1> A = [ 1 -5;

A =

1 -5 1 1

octave:2> b = [ 0;

b =

0 150

octave:3> r = A\b r =

125 25

Close enough for government work, no? Now, was that fun or what?

Note.

[1] First, there's no nearby electrical outlet to plug it into. Second, it requires a larger, even more unsightly, hole in the wall, to accommodate either a wall wart or pseudocell. The attic's unheated and must be sealed afterward, so the project then creeps into spackle and paint matching.

Danke,

--
Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;

+1 on Faraday. Had the great pleasure to visit the Royal Institution in London where Faraday worked.

piglet

Science teaches us to verify.

Reply to
piglet

In a pinch, you could snip the wire and splice it after you put it through the hole.

--
RoRo
Reply to

A larger hole must be drilled in order to push the off-the-shelf solution's flexible cable through it. Stiff wire was pushed through, instead of pulled through with a snake, to keep the hole as small as possible. The solution's cable length is also about 94 feet too short. Perhaps you can spice it to the stiff wire. But it's difficult for me to fully apprise the situation from an image. And unpleasant surprises, after a sometimes long wait for arrival, are anthematic to me. It's also difficult for me to pay $28.99 for parts freely available in my bone pile.

Danke,