What is the Voltage output expectancy of a PIC12F683 ?

I bought a pre-programmed PIC12F683,

, and was wondering what the voltage to amperage output expectancy was. I am running it off of a 5V regualtor. I tried to look through the datasheet, but have no idea where to look for the specific detail. I am going to be running a CMOS Gate off of the PICs outputs, will I need a Buffer?

Reply to
Mr. J D

Please don't post the same message in multiple newsgroups. If it is necessary to put a message in multiple newsgroups then crosspost it.

Typically CMOS recognizes 0.8Vdd and higher as a 1 and 0.2Vdd and lower as a zero. The PIC is virtually rail to rail up to its 20 mA recommended max current on an I/O pin.

As long as the CMOS logic is powered by 5V, then no you don't need a buffer.

BAJ

Reply to
Byron A Jeff

It will certainly drive logic gates that are designed for the same supply voltage. It can probably drive an LED (5 mA).

mc

Stop multi-posting !

Reply to
Eeyore

PIC I/O pins are rated for 20 mA per pin.

BAJ

Reply to
Byron A Jeff

Thanks BAJ

Reply to
Mr. J D

Please don't waste our time with the crossposting vs. multiposting argument. You will never get everyone to agree with you. And FWIW, multiposting makes it harder for control freaks to spew their nonsense.

Reply to
Bill S.

Thanks Bill S.

Reply to