What is the symbol for a mic?

Rich Grise wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@example.net:

Was going to say all the time. :) But that is lame.. But there might be people who do. I'm thinking of the labels they put on shoes and stuff. Last time I looked at some wshing instructions on something I had to do a bit of decyphering but I think it was put there assuming someone out there knew the language. But I think they still kept their trousers in one piece.

They do? >:)

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

CellShocked wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Double entendre? Or is that just the single entendre?

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Hot dogs are sold in packs of ten, while hot dog buns are sold in packs of eight.

Reply to
CellShocked

That's so you can take the two leftover weiners, cut them up, and put them in your mac&cheese. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I do Mac-Chee-Tuna-Pea.

I don't do Mac-Chee-DogBits.

Reply to
CellShocked

block

pposite

from

s on

the

is

ection

bol

OH SHUT UP YOU FOOL IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT IS CORRECT YOU WOULD NOT BE POSTING AS A TROLL YOU ARTE GOING TO DIE JUST WAIT UNTIL THE GATEWAY TO FANTASY LAND OPENS AGAIN

I AM PROTEUS

Reply to
Proteus IIV

te in

as

fy

r? ;-)

packs

YOU MUST HAVE INHALED TROLL GASES

GO SEE A DOCTOR

I AM PROTEUS

Reply to
Proteus IIV

;-)

Go away, stupid troll.

Reply to
CellShocked

wrote in

ing as

ecify

user? ;-)

in packs

YOU ARE CONFUSED

AND YES YOU DO BELONG IN A CELL

I AM PROTEUS

Reply to
Proteus IIV

Hello Lostgallifreyan, thank you for the detailed reply. I'm the original poster. (Sorry for the delay in replying.) I'm not sure I can see what you are describing.

(A) What does the following mean?

"bar joining tangents on each"

Does it mean a bar which passes thru the intersection of many pairs of tangents where each tangents in a pair is drawn from a points which is situated as if it were the mirror image of the other? This would be a bar drawn down the middle of the overlapping circles.

(B) I'm not sure about this other part of our description:

"extending to a point at each end coexistent with a tangent on the points most distant from each other on the double-circle pattern"

Those "Points on the double circle pattern most distant from each other" would presumably be those points on the 'outer edges' of the double-circle. I don't see a single tangent which passes through those two points. Perhaps you mean a tangent which touches each circle at the point(s) which are the furtherest possible from one other while still permitting the existence a common tangent.

(C) What about the overlap of the circles? Do your circles overlap by a radius? (Such that one circle goes through the other's centre). Or is the overlap more like half a radius?

Can you give us a drawing. It must be easier to understand than any more of this? In the end I only want to know see what symbol you're suggesting for stereo!

Reply to
Eddie

I am the OP. If I understand you correctly, that symbol would be tricky to draw by hand and if it was not drawn accurately it might look strange.

OTOH maybe I've misunderstood you. Do you have a link to an image of what you have in mind?

Reply to
Eddie

You are attempting to converse with a total retard.

But then... you are the idiot that wants to put a schematic symbol that no one else will even recognize onto discs where a SIMPLE TEXT label will suffice, and will convey the info CORRECTLY.

So, you are only about two steps above the twit you are responding to.

Reply to
CellShocked

Eddie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@feeder.eternal- september.org:

Ok, I haven't got picture (or any) hosting so I'll risk trying to attach a PNG image here. It's as small as I can get it so if gets through it should do it without raising hackles, but this group isn't meant for this.

If someone can remind me what the right group is called for this I'll try sending it there too.

These are ok for block diagrams or making labels for sticking on things, but would need a bit of pin modification for schematics if you extended them to that.

begin 644 Microphone Symbols.png MB5!.1PT*&@H````-24A$4@```E@```&0!`,```"`&P.K````,%!,5$4````5 M%14I*2DX.#A)24E965EU=76DI*2WM[?IZ>G____*RLJ7EY=G9V?9V=F)B8GL M6)BHHIZ7AA8@;4TUCT9`,!;A_8.KKJ8WL%=!YX` M`)3?6X&U./:_%K@

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

[...]

Ok, I haven't got picture (or any) hosting so you'll need to tell me somewhere to send it.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news:LuGdncKZWZqAnnbXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Ta. :) I googled a.b.s.e hoping they would tell me the full name, but no.. I wish Google had an exact string search.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Google is so screwed up anymore that it isn't funny.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're both idiots. Google does NOT carry the binary groups, so it only follows that there would be no ability to search said groups.

D'OH!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Archimedes' Lever wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And you, you fine fucktard, have entirely missed the point. Again. I was looking for the NAME. Now, as Google often returns results from web archives of usenet groups and mailing lists, ti seemed likely that they'd quickly let me deduce the full name from a.b.s.e IF they had a proper string search. Because that way (I'm spelling it out here, I really don't want to give you any excuse not to understand this), I'd have seen posts referring to a.b.s.e exactly, and some of those would either mention the full name, or even have been in text posted to it along with some image, thus it would be in the header which is often also included in an archive page.

If you still think I'm stupid for thinking of this when you did not, feel free to let me know. Oh, and don't take that 'fucktard' personally, you've said good stuff too at times unlike the odd troll you seem too ready to feed, I just liked the alliteration and you gave me the excuse to use it..

And Mike's right, Google is getting very screwed up. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll start appending advertising to every mail sent via them to mailing lists, in short, using every possible method to increase spam to the point where those who want it to stop will only have one method that is even practical, never mind honourable, namely to avoid their services where possible.

Considering that sites like findchips.com exist, it's likely that this won't be that tough a burden. Once you have good leads, internal linking between sites is better than Google is now.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan