what is crystal diodes work

Reply to
eee.baskar

What is Google?

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

MIchael gave you a good answer, but I'll give you a hint. Books are also good.

"Crystal diodes" were an early term, to differentiate them from the form of diodes that existed before that.

But by a decade after the term first hit, nobody was calling them "crystal diodes" because they had become really commonplace, so they were simply "diodes".

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Did you mean how do they work ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

may as well be magic. semiconductor boundary explanations can be lenghty. suffice to say when the enregy on one side of the boundary (crystal didoe) is greater than the barrier level, current flows in that direction.

Marc

Reply to
LVMarc

LVMarc wrote in news:%3Rnh.11330$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.phx:

detector. (or square law detector if you like)

me