Very low noise SINGLE audio op-amp in DIL-8 ?

That's a possible. Albeit shockingly expensive from Farnell.

Mor of a videopart it seems.

Also shockingly expensive from Farnell.

That's $17.50 ea !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

More than fast enough.

It's only audio !

Ah yes. Thanks.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Thanks for the warning.

No ! ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Snort !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Had a look at LME49710 from National?

1.79$ @ 1K, not in farnell yet, but probably cheaper than the 5534/2, when it first came out

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Anyone found any of this sort of opamp that _doesn't_ show this behaviour? i.e. low offset, low noise input gain stage that gets rolled off for stability,

2nd gain stage to get the high LF open loop gain but is very noisy so you get very bad output noise at HF. The AD8671 family do this.

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian

I did indeed find it.

Sounds a bit like it. I have some coming as samples.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

We pay about $5.25, so use them sparingly. OP-27 is about $1.25.

John

In what quantities ?

OP-27's always been considered nice but not that quiet by modern standards. The newish National parts look very attractive btw. They seem to be making themselves a new niche in high performance audio (with GP spinoff applications) whereas TI seem to be losing one. I'd have thought they'd do more with the BB division.

Linear's parts (as ever) just seem to be expensive.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Farnell are still £6.41 / $12.80 in 100s.

They really ought to make their volume pricing more competitive.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

have you tried Dengove?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

oops Dengrove

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

$4.95 US in 100's from Digikey, 5.75 in 25's. Similar prices from LTC,

4.75 in 1K. The 'eh' version is about 50% more.

And there are are 2 manufacturers.

The newish National parts look very

performance audio (with GP spinoff applications)

division.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Many American companies, notably Microsoft, impose a European price penalty, usually in the 20-100% range. My company doesn't. Maybe we should reconsider...

John

Microsoft's paractices are quite shocking.

That kind of thing just invites piracy. Many small admins here counter by running 2 copies for every 'legal' purchased one.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Who are they ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

They are used by a friend ( I have one ) for sourcing components for medium production runs when the RS/Farnell prices get out of hand.Or getting hold of wierd mil spec stuff, old style tants etc

I'll get a contact name, if you are interested, but not for small quantities (10s or 20s)

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Bullshit. There are plenty of sources that only charge what we pay here. The last Co. I worked for had plants in UK, India, Germany, and China, and The UK facility preferred UK sourced parts.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

If you can live with +/-5 V try MAX412

--