Three terminal adjustable high voltage regulator

Is the TL783 the only reasonably priced candidate for a 100 - 125V adjustable VR? Can't seem to get it in a TO-220 case anymore.

Reply to
oparr

VB408 (ST microelectronics) Is not manufactured anymore :(

Supertex has some devices, but not in TO220

If it is guaranteed by the design of the circuit that the Vi-Vo difference is always less than 40 Volts, you might consider the use of an ordinary LM317 or LM317HV (up to 60 Volt).

Note that the TL783CKC is not discontinued (may be replaced by RoHS compliant version TL783CKCE3 ) but is just not in stock at TI, expected lead time 8 weeks according to TI website, so, if you can wait for so long....

Reply to
sandra.bullock

Thanks, yes I know, looked at the LR8 and 12 but the current capacity is too low, would need a pass device.

Doesn't seem to be available anywhere though. I got the SMD (3-PFM case) TL783CKTER, trouble is I had already designed for the TL783CKC and the SMD case is go> VB408 (ST microelectronics)

Reply to
oparr