That DC electrical outlet on airplanes...

Entity Gnarlodious spoke thus:

I have a computer adapter for airplanes, it's supposed to plug into a DC > outlet in the first-class seats. Does anyone know what kind of connector > this is? I mean like, what's it called?

OK, I uploaded a photo of the offending component:

The 2 large pins are definitely 12 volt, probably the 2 small ones are for

24 volt. On my socket the small receptacles are missing as it only outputs 12v.

Where can I get an adapter for this connector?

-- Gnarlie

Gnarlodious

An adapter between what and what? Some airlines use this to feed 15V, some use a regular auto cigarette lighter connection, lots of travel adapters have inputs that look like the little 4-pin one and come with an adapter to the cigarette lighter one...

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

On Wed, 11 May 2005 23:28:25 GMT, Gnarlodious put finger to keyboard and composed:

I think a more pertinent question for most of us is, how can I adapt a first class ticket to an economy class salary? :-)

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar