Tektronix or similar High gain low-noise pre-amplifier

We need to buy a pre-amplifier for the lab here. It's to be used to amplify a detector signal.

We need to be able to amplify a signal in the low mV range up to the high mV range.

Are there any models that any of you guys could suggest? I suppose the query will get refined as the posts add up and I can clarify more the exact specs needed from my prof.

Reply to
ucla.ssll

Ahhh... bandwidth? impedance levels? accuracy?

Reply to
cassiope

Hey man, Turns out we just built an pre-amp from scratch. The problem was, our oscilloscope had a limited offset capacity (2V) and we needed at least that much to get to our data - drifts due to heat you know. So we just built one - its an inverting amp with the output sitting on a another unity gain amp with a rheostat.

Reply to
ucla.ssll