Surplus OXCOs needed

I need a small quantity (say, a dozen or so) oven controlled crystal oscillators (OXCOs), but I can't afford the $150-$200 price for new ones. Pretty much any frequency from about 4Mhz to 20Mhz would be OK. Does anybody know of any source for surplus ones?

Thanks, Bob Armstrong

Reply to
Bob Armstrong

Feed OXCO to Ebay.

If that isn't good enough, take the part numbers you get and feed them to google.

Hal Murray

Bob,

I've seen 10 MHz OCXOs on eBay for $50 or so.

Reply to
James T. White

Have you tried to contact any of the major suppliers if they have something in stock you could use? Sometimes orders get cancelled or customers go bankrupt and the OCXOs may be available cheap if your requirements are not exotic. Especially if you can accept ANY freq, they can sell you stock parts they could senn to noone else (means cheap) Just tell them your requirements regarding supply voltage, temp range, dF/temp, dF/dSupply, pulling requirements (v-range, ppm-range), calibration tolerance, aging/month or year. If you can take anything between 4 and 20 MHz, can supply 12V or 5V with 5% tolerance with enough current, yout temp range does not exceed

0=B0 to 60=B0 and pulling of 1-2ppm is enough, you should have no problem at all finding something from stock.

Greg

Try:

They used to supply small quantities also

Reply to
Greg

I meant OCXO - sorry about that; just a typo.

Been there, done that. I need a dozen or so that are the same, and eBay is more of a one of a kind place. These muRata parts are nice:

and it appears that the seller has several of them (be has multiple listings for the same part). BUT, these parts are clipped sine wave output, and I need TTL/CMOS/HCMOS outputs.

This one is interesting too

BUT, if you look up the datasheet for it, the frequency stability is several PPM. I don't know what it's for, but it's not an OCXO.

No need - I've been browsing the D-K and Mouser catalogs for hours. Something like the Fox FTS501AH would be perfect - oven controlled, fits on a PC board (14 pin DIP outline), 5V HCMOS, 250 PPB tempco, BUT at $120 each. Mouser calls this a TCXO in their catalog, but I think that's a mistake.

D-K has the Connor-Winfield OFC5DJ3BS - same basic idea, but SMT. $213 each. Eeeek!

Tried that - you'll find data sheets, product announcements, distributers, and jobbers like Parts Miner. If there are any cheap surplus ones, I can't find 'em.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Armstrong