Rocker switch ID ?

Hi all,

I've an AMREL power supply that have its rocker switch gone.

I've tried email them twice to have either the switch ref or a replacement part but they never bothered to answer (despite their claim to answer every email within 24h) :-((

Unfortunately the switch (DPST) is not of some standard size I could fit in and I'm stuck with it.

The mounting hole size is 1" high x 1.1" wide and the lateral "retaining springs" are not on the usual side. The switch has a stylized CX MD50 mark on it but it didn't help.

Can anyone recognize it (switch or logo) or give hint on the manufacturer? (see pics on abse)

Many thanks in advance.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Looks more like "LCX", but that doesn't ring any bells. There are lots of offshore makers of these things, and I don't see any safety-agency approval marks on this particular one, so perhaps it's a domestic China maker. Some of them are not very impressive quality- overheated molded parts that are brittle is one problem I've seen. Best to spring for the ones that have at least passed UL/CSA (and verify such claims).

Alco PRDDA1-16F-BB000 should fit if the springs have enough space to get in the other way.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

replacement

every

fit in

"retaining

manufacturer?

And while you're at it, you can include a light in the new switch to indicate on/off. Unless of course the PS already has its own lamp or LED. Never heard of Amrel.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

"Spehro Pefhany" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

replacement

every

in

manufacturer?

Thanks Sphero, I missed that one when looking digikey.

Yes, the logo is CX, with a double C (the unfortunate shade made it look like an L). Ah, maybe the logo is CCX. I'll have a look.

The switch carries the usual approvals for worldwide selling. I just thought it was obvious and didn't included the other side pic. Sorry.

It seems the Alco switch will mount OK into the front panel cut. Unfortunately the rocking axis will not match the front panel marking but I'll use it if I don't find a better one.

Watson, have a look at

I bought the PS used on ebay a few years back and had a bad surprise with it (one of my first buying). It was supposed to be a working one, but one of the bypass cap had a pb, has been simply removed (yes) and some burned tracks have been 'repaired' with... solder braid. One output power transistor has been, well..., hum, changed for an 'equivalent'. Due to shipping costs, I had better to keep it and repair it. So I reverse enginneered it: the schematics is... kind of original, but it works, and the PCB layout is totally childish and in no way coherent with a professional design of the end of 80's. Somewhat disappointing and surely not an HP grade product. I hope for them (and their customers) they've improved their quality.

--
Thanks,
Fred.