Replacement CIC parts

I'm trying to find some replacement op-amps for an old 810T oscillator, made by California Instruments Co.

The original part numbers are CIC 200-1, CIC 200-2, & CIC 200-5

MFG stated they haven't been sold in 20 years, no info or replacements avaliable.

The circuit itself is just a low frequency stable amplitude oscillator that outputs 400Hz at 5.000VRMS, so no RF or HF signals to worry about.

The supply rails for the amplifiers are +15 & -15VDC.

The ICs for the most part seem to have the standard pinout of an 8 pin op-amp, pin 4 is V-, pin 7 is V+, pin 6 is output, pins 2 is inverting input, pin 3 is non-inverting input. The other pins are what are unknown to me.

On all of the ic's, they have a resistor and capacitor in series between pins 1 & 8, and a capacitor between 5 & 6. All resistors in this chain are 1.5k, the capacitors change for each circuit. In the theory section, it states these are for high-frequency roll-off to stabilize the ic.

The CIC 200-1 is for the Wien Bridge Oscillator. The CIC 200-2 is used for the Mosfet Modulator (uses a depletion mode Mosfet to reduce signal and keep amplitude stable), Bandpass Filter, Output amplifier, and Error Integrator. The CIC 200-5 is used for the AC/DC converter.

The MFG only stated that these components were "selected", so I don't know what the different part numbers pertain to.

So, I'm trying to find a generic IC that should work for this unit.

All thoughts appreciated, and I can give more info if needed.

Thanks, Steve Kamego

Reply to
Steve

They look like the external components used to frequency comensate the uA709 operational amplifier.

Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Piatek

FEDLOG (DOD Parts database) lists the CIC200-2 as a MC1709G (709 Op amp), selected for 10uV drift per degree Celcius. The other two aren't listed.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Thanks to both of you, I'll try to put a 709 in on Monday. I doubt the other two are too different.

Thanks again, Steve

Reply to
Steve