proximity induction sensors

Does anyone know of a good source for inexpensive smaller proximity induction sensors.

My application isn't very high end - I just need to sense when a steel ball is over a certain spot in a plastic tube.

Also, is there any thing I could salvage the components from, or perhaps get from a salvage dealer - automotive perhaps?

Thanks.

Reply to
jhead

Small Proxs need to get closer to the object. You didn't specify the size of the tube?

My guess is that what ever you decide to use that is already out there, it's going to cost you!

Construct a U-Core xformer with the primary and secondary separate wound on each outer section. allow for the tips of the core to be exposed so that you can place the plastic tube between the tips/ insert a low freq osc into one coil and detect the signal on the other coil. when the steel ball passes between the U-fingers, the signal output on the output coil will increase.

Also, one could use a single coil and detect the induction value change.. etc.

filters

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to