PLL chip source needed...

Hi all,

I have here an old Yamaha RX-300U "Natural Sound" stereo receiver I've grown rather partial to, and this afternoon I found it to be completely dead in all functions and display but the amplifiers are still functioning. My best guess on such short notice is that the PLL controller has died, and was wondering if anyone might know a source for this part.

It is a 42 pin DIP package and has the following markings:

YAMAHA XB919AO PLL CONTROLLER

3214 8F2

I'm also investigating the power supply but would think that if that was at fault the amps wouldn't turn on. Could be a low voltage condition though I suppose.

Thanks for any help!!

- NR

"The usual approach of science of constructing a mathematical model cannot answer the questions of why there should be a universe for the model to describe. Why does the universe go to all the bother of existing?"

- Stephen Hawking

Our Webcam:

NightRunner

I would investigate which of the usual functions are still working: preamp(s), AM/FM tuner, display, amps. You may be right, but I fixed an receiver last year which didn't light up, had no display, but still amplified. It was easy to fix once I found the schematic; it was just an open resistor that fed a power supply which only powered the tuner and display.

I was expecting all kinds of expensive problems, but then it turned out to be simple and cheap.

-

Jim Adney