Philips Zener Diode Values and Power transistor

Hi all,

I came across a faulty zener diode and wanted to replace it. Its markings is slightly smerged thus i cant really make out the first two number/alphabet.

Marking: zyw54ph ("z" and "y" may not be wat i perceived to be) Casing: Small, white, round.

I found similar diodes from farnell (bzt03 series) but i could not make out the ratings. Any suggestion what rating this zener diode may be?

I have another power transistor but no legible markings can be read. Is there any way or tests where i can conduct to verify the trasistor values?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Tks in advance.

ywz

Reply to
ydoubleuz

BYW54 most likely

ph means Philips

You could check to see if it's bipolar or mosfet and npn/pnp or n/p channel. Then substitute using common sense and a bit of nouse !.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Why do you think it's a zener ?