Newbie: use TDA4557 with baseband delay line?

I need to build a multisystem color decoder (because I live in Germany but own some NTSC equipment...) My first draft used a TDA4650 (http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/ philips/TDA4650WP.pdf) with a TDA4661 baseband delay line. This works very well, but I will need the Circuit 4 times and I can't get the TDA4650 any more. And I can't get some glass delay lines to use other decoders. So I'm asking if it is possible to use a TDA4557 Decoder (http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/philips/TDA4557.pdf) without glass delay line and attach a baseband delay line to its output. Has anybody already tried it or other comments?

Thank you in advance!

PS: I'm new here, so please be gentle...

Reply to
ferdimh

Philips semiconductors are now NXP:

which has a really bad website.

If you ask on news:sci.electronics.repair, you can probably find either new or salvaged delay lines.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

salvaged delay lines - why haven't I thought of it! The dumpster is

500m away, I could just get 4 old TVs and rip the delay lines out. But, since I already have those baseband delay lines, I'm going to try it and tell if it works or if it doesn't. At least I know i won't order the ICs for nothing.

Thank you!

Reply to
ferdimh

You'r welcome. I've used as many salvaged parts as I could, for personal projects, for the last 40 years. :)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida