Need phototransistor, likely custom

Hi All,

I'm looking for cheap phototransistors in 5mm (T1-3/4) plastic case, with base lead, narrow angle preferred. Just for reference: BPV11 and SFH303 are close (but have some disadvantages).

Since the requirements are somewhat unusual, I don't expect to get it from stock, so I'm interested in suppliers able to offer cutstomized versions even if I buy less than a million each month.

Any hints?

TIA,

Oliver

--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)
Reply to

For custom phototransistors you could ask Prema in Mainz, Germany:

Possibly also Perkin Elmer in Fremont, California:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[...]

I'm afraid they won't make what I asked for (cited above).

I already has been in contact with PerkinElmer (sp!) Elcos, located in Pfaffenhofen, Bavaria.

Thanks,

Oliver

--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)
Reply to
Oliver Betz

Yeah, probably they won't. But if nothing else pans out it might still be worth a call. What we did sometimes over here was have a semiconductor make the sensor we needed and then contract another company that packages it (because the sensor mfg didn't offer the desired packaging).

Cool. That should be a nice motorcycle ride from your place, no boring autobahn involved ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Hi, we can build components into any package, also customs, specials. We already develop our own component. And built leadframe based parts and smd parts, also ceramic parts. We specialize in smaller quantities. But there will be costs involved like design, leadframe, die/wire bond, molding etc. Sometimes the turn-over point for our products is between 10.000 to 20.000 parts, depending on the parts (is there already a die/half-product available or must we design that too) and technical demands, it can vary a lot. Not per month, but at a one-time buy already. And when you keep using the parts, they will get relatively cheaper. Notice that I am guessing here that we can use another companies half-products. We can do the whole component including diedesign, waferfab and mounting (including optical part), but then you get prices like several 100k Euro extra.

So it is best to base what you want on an exiting optocoupler, one that we can buy as half-product and finish for you. For a low price, you cannot develop that.

Notice that we do a lot of sensors. So more expensive parts. For parts with a price of a few cents, this is not interesting.

Above you can see when things get interesting. If you are interested, post you email (with some spamprotection) address here, and I will answer you directly.

x.

Reply to
P.
[...]

just for the case anyone else wants to send me an email, my Reply-To: address is working. Just hit "Reply by mail" and it will work (unless your news client is completely broken).

Oliver

--
Oliver Betz, Munich
despammed.com might be broken, use Reply-To:

you direct mail (!) should come with a _working_ reply address. "Return-Path:" and "From:" in your mail you sent me directly were invalid according to hotmail.

You shouldn't make things more complicated than necessary, and you shouldn't expect other people making things as complicated as you.

Oliver