Need a Powerline modem chipset

Hi, i am working on a home automation system and doing it using powerline communications , I have searched a few IC like philips TDA5051 and ST7538 but having problem getting them.

Can anyone help me in finding any better chip or may be guiding how to buy these chip from outside my country(Pakistan) as I cant find them here?

Reply to
fskhan

Maybe you should consider why there's no real demand for these chips instead ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Don't give us the same bulls**t again. If the guy is asking for info on those kind of ICs, don't assume that you know better than him whether he needs them or not. Answer his question or shut up. You always write the same arrogant comments, as if only you had the knowledge or experience --in case you did.

Reply to
Mochuelo

I can well understand your feeling on this and perhaps Eeyore could have offered a little explanation for his comment and he would have avoided a response such as yours.

What he was trying to say was that when these type of chipsets are advertised it doesn't mean that they are available. Manufacturers often produce a product and "float" the idea in the electronics data sheets to see what interest they get from OEM's. If they don't get the right response they don't produce the product until someone takes the bait and orders at leat 100,000 of them. I've been caught out like that in the past.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

You can buy the ST7538 from

(497-4316-1-ND) for 10.8 USD (qty 1) /.../ 6.86 USD (qty 500). They have 2035 units in stock.

Best,

Reply to
Mochuelo