NEC K2500 mosfet.

I need some information on NEC K2500. I know it is n-channel mosfet, and I guess it is 25A one but I am not sure. I found it in Acura RSX power transistor circuitry which runs blower fan and it need replacement. I was told by one supplier that it might be Acura properitary part and I would not be able to get it. If that is the case I would like to match simillar part to replace this one but I have to be sure about the rating. Since the blower fan has around 0.7 A resistance on the terminals it would take around 24.2A when the battery is 14.5V (full charge), am I right on this one? Therefore if my assumption is right, 25A mosfet would work just find. Please correct me if my reasoning is not right. I guess finding replacement part would be no problem. Thanks.

Reply to
Walter

Full part number is probably 2SK2500

Reply to
Mike Harrison
2SK2500 does not show up on NEC web site either. But there is 2SK2488 and then 2SK3304 which are both n-channel mosfets designed for high voltage switching applications. I guess if I go with the later one it should have enough juice to drive my circuit. I guess I am going to find out soon. Any other recommendations?
Reply to
Walter

Actually there is 2SK2511 which matches my calculation with some safety margin.

Reply to
Walter