Inclinometer / Tilt Sensor

I'm looking for an Inclinometer / Tilt Sensor that will take a 5V DC input and give a 0-5V output, help! please?

Reply to
Daniel O'Shea

The AD and ST accelerometer chips will do this. You may beed to amplify and offset the output to get a full range when measuring tild, and do some trig/lookups to convert to angle. I think AD have an apnote on it

Reply to
Mike Harrison

offset the output to get

thanks! the ADXL103 looks good, but could somebody explain to me exactly what the 'Common' pin connects to? (forgive me, I'm more of a software than a hardware person)

Reply to
Daniel O'Shea

offset the output to get

angle.

Analog ground, Vss or 0V.

--
   W  "Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."

offset the output to get

angle.

cheers! (please don't kill me :)

Reply to
Daniel O'Shea

Glad I could help.

So far, I haven't ever been convicted for committing a murder. ;^)