how can I improve FM reception on my boombox?

I have an old boombox I use in my back yard. The antenna is half broken off. Is there a way the connect a T shaped antenna wire to this radio and improve reception? What did people do back in the 1950s,

1960s with their transistor radio to improve reception?
Reply to
woodchip

Service parts companies usually offer replacement antennas. They normally screw or bolt onto the case.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

30-1/2" Replacement Telescoping Antenna $3.99 Model: 270-1401 Catalog #: 270-1401
Reply to
GMAN

If you want fast replacement, just stick some metal or wire at the end of the antenna tightly. The longer the better. Just like eating food, big mouth can eat more food, longer antenna can receive more signal. Make sure the antenna is standing for best reception. You can replace the broken antenna with whatever types of antenna by loosen the screw of the antenna and replace it.

Reply to
eliteprayer