History of bulk electronic components suppliers

Eeyore wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

Impedimenta, quick! Hide the fish! >:)

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Really, you should at least consider his statement, instead of just reacting to it. The sad thing about modern liberalism is that it is driven mostly by reaction, not by what actually creates social good.

John

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You can't put that only at the door of liberalism, it's true for all parties in politics now. It's even wider, arguably. Business, as well as politics, is based on such short-term perceptions that people are afraid of investing anything in the long term because they might become losers in a very reactionary race to gain advantage as things change faster than they ever have before. Considering this in electronics (in a vague attempt to steer to topic), companies like Yamaha, developing their FM synthesis over

10 years, ended up cashing in, releasing variants of their own work, and others, in a bid to try to please a mercurial market. If people want instant gratification from manufacturers and politics alike, they tend to get what they want. I'm not even going to try to say whether something so complex is 'good' or 'bad', but I do say that to lay the blame at the door of whoever is deemed 'the opposition' is a tad silly.
Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Given Jim's well publiced feelings about liberals......

That would seem to be a US phenomenon.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You've only quoted half of it. I want to be left alone _BY GOVERNMENT_, not by my friends/family/etc.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

No more so than Neoconism/Bushism.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Yep. Who wants Ashcroft's cold damp nose up your ass?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

You don't have to keep reminding us. Its obvious from the drivel you post.

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks, I'll give it a gander.

I gave blood a couple weeks ago. I was lucky they could squeeze me in--standing room only, so to speak.

Best, James

(Dang it, lost another one. Google Groups keeps losing my posts! Something about leaving a post composed on the screen too long (20-40 minutes?) before sending it. Google reports them as being successfully sent, but they go to the bit-bucket instead.)

Reply to
James Arthur

The largest group of Republicans are of course not rich. This infuriates Democratic politicians who don't understand why low-income people would elect to be either conservative or Republican, "against their own self-interest". A book was written on the subject, "What's Wrong With Kansas?" Most libs wind up concluding that the lower middle-class (their avowed constituancy!) are just stupid yokels who deserve being poor. What they miss is that anyone would ever be motivated by anything other than immediate greed; the very concept is incomprehensable to them.

Of course, in relative or even in absolute terms, conservatives and especially Christian conservatives are far more generous (of money, time, kindness, and blood) than liberals, and immensely more generous than secular liberals. This is good, since kids tend to follow their parents' beliefs here, and the conservatives are having a lot more babies.

Which is why, although I am not a believer, I have great respect for people who are.

How much do you donate to charity? Do you volunteer? Give blood?

How many kids do you have?

Oh, you never told us: how much do you weigh?

John

I just ran across some interesting stats for the cowardly Democrats...

So far the Iraq war has cost approximately 3200 American soldiers their lives.

In the same time period 5600 Arizonans died in traffic accidents.

...Jim Thompson

It is sort of heartless to say it, but 3200 isn't a lot of lives, and they signed up to be warriors anyhow. SH killed a couple of million, nearly a million in his attacks on Iran and Kuwait, the rest his own population. The UN corruption-for-oil program killed hundreds of thousands more.

This Dem/press "respect for soldiers lives" is crocodile tears; they don't even like soldiers.

And face it: armies need practice. That's one reason we have so many "allies" in Afghanistan and Iraq: they need to see how we operate, and they need combat time under their belts.

John

[snip]

Why don't we let them shoot Democrats for practice? And to double-up on the experience, ship 'em to Mexico first, then shoot 'em when they try to illegally cross the border ;-)

...Jim Thompson

If I were a Mexican, I'd want to be on this side of the border. Wouldn't you?

John

I suppose. But why bother with immigration/citizenship then? The Democrats would love it... me I'd flee to Oz ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It's the Repugnicrats who want the cheap labor for their businesses.

--
.
.

Absolutely spot-on.

The fact is that this is among the most successful military campaigns of all time in all terms except the PR, the perception.

And perception is vital. You cannot crush an enemy's spirit, you cannot deprive him of all hope, you cannot drive him to capitulation, resignation and surrender, while continually encouraging him with reports that you're weary, discontent, and inclined to withdraw.

_That_ is how you lose.

That was the harm of what John Kerry and Jane Fonda did in Vietnam. The North Vietnamese leaders have since revealed their strategy. They believed the war would be won "on the campuses of America." With words. And it was.

Thanks for helping, John and Jane.

Today, the problem is amplified; CNN and the internet conveys our words (Nancy Pelosi's?) to the enemy at the speed of light. And he rejoices.

James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Can you do that with bullshit?

That war was lost the moment it was started for no good reason and with no exit strategy.

So was this one. At least George Snr. knew when to get out.

--
.
.

(sci.electronics.components dropped)

This war isn't lost, even now. Not by a long shot. The enemy is but few--he claims 20k, but cut that in half or less. Nor is he militarily effective. We dominate the country. He snipes and takes potshots at our troops, but accomplishes little. For each soldier we lose, he loses many, from his few. He can't afford it. Nor has he popular support--the support of the people--for they are his quarry, his prey.

But to win you have to present a single, unified, determined front to your enemy, which the Democrats prevent, indeed, actively subvert.

Uniting, the press has to report successes, not just costs (they always report the US's total losses; where's the enemy-tally?). But then the press has a viewpoint to promote, and is eager to see the President humiliated on any account, which is reason enough to oppose him, regardless of the endeavor.

And so, back to the costs of Liberalism (capital "L", meaning "people who proclaim themselves liberals, but aren't"), I add the cost of the war.

So, you asked when Liberals last cost society a billion dollars, and I've listed a number of their real-world trillion-dollar money-sinks, massively mis-managed, producing little of the intended benefit.

To that list we could add the Homeland pseudo-Security nonsense.

That's my gripe, that's the harm wrought by well-intentioned actions not well thought out.

Best, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Why not? Is there else anything useful it can do?

Hal Murray