diode identification

I'm trying to find the specs for a diode out of an LCD TV. The TV model # is LC-15SH7U, made by Sharp. The diode designation is D910. The best I can tell is it's a clamp for the 33V supply, but I'm not sure, I can't find the service manual anywhere. The markings on the diode are as follows: ZC (perpindicular to diode axis_

43 7*4 (the asterisk is just a dot) both the 43 and 7*4 are underlined, the 7*4 has a second underline.

The body measures .09in wide, .12in long.

Unfortunately, it's dead shorted so I can't find out what the voltage was. It's labeled on the board as a zener.

Thanks for any help, Steve

Reply to
Steve

is this of any help

ZACK`

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:45:59 -0600, Steve put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't know about digital sets, but a 33V supply in an analogue TV is usually required for generating tuner voltages.

For example, my Sanyo set uses a uPC574J 33V tuning voltage reference. It has a low temperature coefficient (+/- 1mV/degC) and low dynamic resistance (10 ohms). Some early Philips sets used a TAA550B.

Here is an NTE "Integrated Circuit Voltage Stabilizer for Electronic Tuner":

FWIW a ZC43 diode cross-references to an NTE5145A which is a 43V 5W zener.

See

There are also TZC43, TZC43A, TZC43B, CTZC43C, CTZC43CA, and CTZC43CB devices which cross to NTE4944 and NTE4945 "Surge Clamping, Unidirectional Transient Overvoltage Suppressors":

None of the above devices matches your stated dimensions, though.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Looks like Zack hit the nail on the head.

The layout is the same as the diode I have. I've never heard of ZC series diodes before.

The voltage is labeled as Vt, so that could easily be tuner voltage. There's still something wrong w/ the set, but at least now I can put this mystery to bed.

Thanks for all the help, Steve

Reply to
Steve

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 18:15:23 -0600, Steve put finger to keyboard and composed:

It could be that your mystery diode is a protection zener that goes sacrificially short circuit when an overvoltage condition develops. Some Sharp VCRs employ a crowbar zener across the 30V rail for this purpose. IME the root cause of the problem in the case of a VCR has always been a bad electrolytic capacitor on the primary side of the PSU.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar