Switching Diode ID required

Hi,

trying to find equivalents for a Dual Diode T220F package (insulated tab). Device is marked RF2001, but can't seem to find a datasheet.

It is from a SMPS and 4 of these rectify the output of the switching transformer to create the final DC voltages.

I'm not much up on SMPS techology - hate repairng the things - should these be Shottkys, Ultra fast switching or what?

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

these

near enough any old generic dual epitaxial I would have thought , V rating of caps hints at the minimum V rating and then TO220 suggests the A rating . Just which polarity the centre connection , and mica and insulators perhaps if straight TO220

Reply to
N_Cook

Schottky diodes are used in many SMPS including but not limited to chargers (wall wart) adapters and open frame, and PC power supplies. And are made from various barrier metals and alloys. Some packages are TO220, TO126, TO247,DO41, DO15 etc...

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Reply to

Most likely fast-recovery dual diodes. The '2001' might mean

200V and 1A ratings, but that's only a guess. Can you make out any manufacturer markings other than that number?

Also, what is the connection? This is probably for an output that is clearly specified in current rating and output voltage on the power-supply nameplate.

It might be necessary to use an uninsulated replacement part, with insulation parts added.

Reply to
whit3rd

"Gareth Magennis"

** You did not look very hard - using " rf2001 diode " the pdf below is the third hit.

It is NOT in fact a dual diode - dumbass.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You are confusing the poster with a famous French writer. Two, actually -- pere et fils.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

"William Sommerwanker"

** Somebody once made a bunch of money from a song that declared:

" Pablo Picasso was not an asshole "

So, maybe there is a buck to be made from " Alexandre Dumas was not a dumbass "

Wadaya think ??

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks Phil, don't know why I wasn't able to find that, I tried twice you know, honest.

Actually these ARE dual diodes. On further Googling for the ROHM devices, it turns out there are 3 different types: RF2001 T2D, T3D, and the T4S you linked to here. The T2D and T3D are both dual devices, one the opposite polarity of the other, and the T4S as we can see is a single diode.

(My devices are actually marked on the second line T2D, I thought this was just a date code or something).

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Oh, and I know you like to know these things, so this is the damn amp in question:

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

"Gareth Magennis"

** Seen a few of these POS with regular iron PSUs.

Look like something built is a Bronx garage by frightened wet backs.

Awful.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You got the joke. That's all I care about.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

"William Sommerwanker"

** Shame it totally lacked any kind of humour.

And you are still a revolting pile of autistic, sub human shit.

God, I hope you die in screaming agony.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Isn't a lack of humour [sic] a form of humor in and of itself?

Please -- I can't handle flattery.

If you saw and heard my magnificent AV system (KURO, Apogee, Curl) you would not be so quick to criticize. You would be begging to visit.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Wit is the first thing to go...

Reply to