[datasheet request] Cirrus Logic CS92288

Hello,

I'm looking into writing a Linux driver for a USB video interface that used to be sold by Pinnacle and then Dazzle (DV150). The hardware is very simple but I am missing a crucial piece of information. The video to MPEG conversion is done by a Cirrus Logic CS92288. Cirrus sold its video business to Magnum semiconductors which apparently doesn't have anything that looks similar to the Cirrus chip anymore.

Searches on the web only return the product brief that doesn't contain any usable information. Unfortunately, many web pages refer to this brief as a "datasheet". The searches also return information about a reference design that looks almost identical to the DV150 (interesting no?).

So, I'm looking for the following:

The CS92288 datasheet The CS92288 programing manual (user's manual) The user's manual of the USB-DVR reference design based on the CS92288

The best would be a copy of the CD that came with the reference design hardware (that contains all of the above+software examples and other goodies).

Thanks in advance for any type of help in locating this information.

-JMB

Reply to
jmbussat

Hi JMB, I understand. Getting a copy of the CD could be the only way. If Cirrus cannot or will not help you, then I found the page of a guy on the web who was involved with business development for this product. Maybe you could send him an email. He may be able to put you in touch with someone who could get the CD for you

Hope that helps.

Regards, Anthony Burch

Tony Burch