RTC/CMOS Battery Location in WinBook XL2 Laptop

Hi,

Note: I am a TV, etc. (not computer) service tech.

With limited disassembly of my WinBook XL2 laptop, I was unable to locate the RTC/CMOS battery which needs to be replace.

I failed to find this information on the web. My "User's Manual" does not provide this information.

Do you know where this battery is located?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Reply to
jaugustine

Gee, Google gave me about 420 hits, many with useful information as to what it looks like, and where to buy them.

Reply to
PeterD

I took a look at

When I got to thinking about it, It already has a big lithium ion battery for main power. Then why would it need a separate little battery to support RTC/CMOS. Desktops don't have a big battery to run on so it needs a little one to remember the setup configuration.

Of course, I could be wrong. That has happened before.

Reply to
Charlie

Hi Charlie,

The "Owner's Manual" page 9.14 indicates that a separate lithium ion battery maintains the system clock (etc.). Requires replacement.

Note: The main battery is defective and is removed. I use this laptop with the AC adapter.

John

Reply to
jaugustine

For those times when the lithium battery was either dead or removed? Just maybe?

Reply to
PeterD