controlling a stepper motor?

I've blown up several printers for scrap metal and parts and I do have a pile of assorted motors. Nearly all of them has 4 wires but I'm not quite sure how to drive it. How is a stepper motor controlled with 4 wires?

TIA

-- snipped-for-privacy@platshop.com disgust me. snipped-for-privacy@platshop.com spams a lot in game so I am posting snipped-for-privacy@platshop.com as often as possible so snipped-for-privacy@platshop.com would start getting spammed snipped-for-privacy@platshop.com eye for an eye. for good luck, snipped-for-privacy@platshop.com and snipped-for-privacy@platshop.com

Reply to
Impmon

Try google. The Wikipedia description looks pretty good to me.

Hal Murray

Specifically, Google for "bipolar stepper motor".

looks like a good reference.

Dave Platt