8.5 minute NiMH AA battery recharge info?

Sakar has some AA batteries they claim can be recharged in 8.5 minutes. Anybody got any experience with them? Google has thousands of hits, but they're all (all the ones I checked) copies of the press release. Looking for real-world experience. Thanks, mike

-- Wanted, Serial cable for Dell Axim X5 PDA. Return address is VALID but some sites block emails with links. Delete this sig when replying. FS 500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 Make Offer Bunch of stuff For Sale and Wanted at the link below. MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK

mike

Hello Mike,

That sounds quite scary. Assuming they'd be a little over 2200mAh that would mean about 20 amps of charge current. I wouldn't want to be close to the batteries during that.

Do you have a well functioning fire extinguisher ...?

Regards, Joerg

Joerg