voltage decay capacitor spice commandline

Hi. I want to learn how to use spice.

To get to know spice I want to start simulating a simple schema:

--| R 1 | -- | |

0 1 | |

-x-||--x---- C1

(One resistor and capacitor) The Capacitor should start having some voltage.

Now I want spice3/ ngspice to simulate and print/ plot the voltage decay

By now I've managed to write the netlist file:

----- res_cap.cir ----

  • RESISTOR AND CAPACITOR - VOLTAGE DECAY. R1 0 1 1Ohm C1 0 1 1u .END

----- res_cap.cir ----

Can you tell me which .PRINT .PLOT options to use to get the voltage decay? I want to use batch processing until I know the basics. This way I can ask my editor to start spice automatically.

Should look like this . . . ' I do need AC analysis, right? I don't know exactly how to invoke spice to get this information. I can use .PRINT AC V(0,1) to get the voltage difference, correct?

If you now a page describing this I would be glad, too. I've spent some time googling but haven't fond this information.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Weber

No. You need a .TRAN

No. .PRINT V(1) or .PRINT V(1,0)

You need a voltage source... split you node zero into "0" and "2", add a step... VPULSE.

RTFM!

...Jim Thompson

Transient analysis.

Reply to