Capacitor voltage rating

Could someone please tell me the voltage rating of this cap. It's a greencap and the only marking is 2G104K. It's part of a voltage doubler in a bug zapper. It's dimensions are 50% larger than the 100V greencap that Tricky Dicky sells. If that's a help. I understand the 104K part so I guess the 2G is the significant bit but I didn't get anything useful from Google. A URL or good search words would also be helpful.

Thank you

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon W

"Gordon W"

** Its a 200 volt rated, polyester film capacitor.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks Phil, much obliged.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon W

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:00:10 GMT, "Gordon W" put finger to keyboard and composed:

According to a couple of Google references, a 2G104K is a .1µF 10%

400V Mylar cap. A 2A104K is a .1µF 10% 100V Mylar.

A search at Mouser finds similar results under Polyester Film Capacitors:

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc, I appreciate your help and the links.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon W