VDmosfet parameter extraction tool for LTspice

Hello,

Anyone who is interrested to make there own power mosfet model for spice can now easily do this with a tool i made. It's a windows application and can be found on the yahoo groups LTspice. The programs needs dot net framework 2.0 to be installed on your computer in order let it run.

Features:

1 Datasheet information of the mosfet to be modeled is entered in the program. 2 This data can be saved for later use. 3 The model created is a .model statement which only will work in LTspice because it makes use of the VDmos device in LTspice not pressent in any other spice. 4 The program has a library manager to keep all your models in one .lib file.

The model generated by the program matches the datasheet ouput graph, transfer graph and all the capacitances of the device. Especialy the nonlinear gate drain capacitor which is the power of VDmos model in LTspice. It now allso includes the reverse recovery of the body diode. (only basicly because the spice diode only covers the storage time)

Best regards,

Hendrik Jan Zwerver

Reply to
Hendrik Jan Zwerver

(1) Does it model sub-threshold behavior accurately?

(2) What is "dot net framework 2.0"?

...Jim Thompson

The thresshold voltage is a parameter you supply and i allways use the datasheet nominal value. The sub part of your question i think you mean that the real thresshold when drain current is flowwing is some what higher because of the source resistance . then the answer is yes. You can see this in the gate charge plot as a gate plateau voltage.

The dot net frame work from microsoft is intended to replace the COM+ stuff. you can download it here:

Or do a google : dot net framework 2.0 redist

Regards,

Hendrik Jan

Reply to
Hendrik Jan Zwerver

"Jim Thompson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Hello Jim,

This VDMOS model in LTspice is based on the Level=1 MOSFET model. It's enhanced with the Cgd behaviour and the body diode of Vertical-MOSFETs. So there is no improvement in the DC-behaviour. It's all about the switching. VDMOS transistors have to be modeled with subcircuits for other SPICE programs. This intrinsic VDMOS model gives LTspice a big advantage in simulation speed if switch mode power supplies are simulated with LTspice.

It's something like the VBASIC -DLLs you need in the past for VBASIC, but now it's much more. Maybe it's a few ten Megabytes after installation. .

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

How does it compare to intusoft's SpiceMod?

maxfoo

2014-02-28 J Faulk Colorado, USA Hello Hendrik. This is a great tool, I plan to use it a lot. Thanks jim
Reply to
james.c.faulk