trouble with wires in Eagle ?

..skip list of perceived faults, which I won't bother to dispute...

Did you actually look at the website

The download area has a 248-page pdf "manual-eng.pdf" and a 71-page "tutorial-eng.pdf" right there with the software in rpm and tgz formats. There are also German versions. Over in the User Download area, there's a 418-page "eagle416r2_help_en.pdf", besides a number of other freely downloadable documents in various languages.

As it happens, I use and like Eagle. My previous experience has been with pcad, autocad, and a couple of hobbyist-type programs. I like the freeware Eagle best of them all. I hope someday to be able to be able to pay for a pro-level version.

John Perry

Reply to
John E. Perry

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:46:54 -0500 in sci.electronics.cad, Ben Jackson wrote,

Type a command like "move IC1" (or whatever your part name is) then move it with the mouse. When you drop it, it'll be back on the grid.

Reply to
David Harmon

The software does what it says in the advertisement. If it didnt I wouldnt have had 500 plus satisfied customers.

The software has been developed over 17 years. The first version was 330,000 lines of assembler. It was later converted to Delphi Pascal and then a couple of years ago to C#. Loads has been added as I have found a need for new functions.

Reply to
Marra

That doesn't mean it necessarily does it as well as its competitors. :-) You'll find me on here all the time whining about what crap ORCAD Capture is, but I would admit that, indeed, it "does what it says in the advertisement."

I'm sure that your product is worth the very low price you're charging.

But surely you'd still like to increase sales? If only takes 10 minutes to put up PDFs of your user manuals on your webs site.

If it's really as good as you suggest it's probably a bargrain at ten times the current price!

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:27:43 -0700 in sci.electronics.cad, Marra wrote,

No, you are just a spammer trying to trash your competition.

Reply to
David Harmon

But I am a non profit making outfit. The software makes enough money to pay for PC consumables. The software is sold at way under its marketable value. I dont really want to sell masses of software as it is now just a hobby. I was a pro electronics and software engineer for 25 years and this is just to keep my hand in.

My post would only be spam if I was making a living from the software and I am not. If people want to take advantage of the very low price then great, if not I wont lose any sleep over it.

Reply to
Marra

It doesn't work that way. As far as I'm concerned at least commercial spam is simply a rather large subset of the total.

Robert

Robert Adsett

I dont need to trash the competition. The competition does it just fine on its own. Had loads of people come across to me from numerous CAD packages.

They know that with me they will be fully supported. I am happy to spend time with customers to help them, many other companies dont want to know once they have your cash !

Reply to
Marra

Hi Marra,

OK, understood.

You might look into a couple different classes of licenses -- dirt cheap for personal use, more expensive for commercial use. Even if you're not interested in the extra monies from the commercial use licenses, you could donate it to a charity of your choosing and benefit someone without the commercial user batting an eye at the higher price.

The idea was that you'd stick the PDF user's manual on that same web site where you're advertising the software. If you were to post it on alt.binaries.sci.electronics (just ONCE! :-) ), that would be perfectly appropriate too.

Heck, just e-mail me a copy... I'm j k o l s t a d 7 1 @ y a h o o . c o m ; I'll be happy to stick it on a web site myself if you'd like.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

If you get something for nothing then its bound to have problems.

Reply to
Marra

robb :

k k

Have posted manual on website.

Marra

Marra skrev:

k k

Marra skrev:

k k

Hello, David! You wrote on Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:52:57 -0700:

(once I orphaned the ??>> entire power supply of a project by moving it all with the grid ??>> disabled before I knew how to recover it).

DH> Type a command like "move IC1" (or whatever your part name is) then DH> move it with the mouse. When you drop it, it'll be back on the grid.

Select the grid you need. Click the "Move" icon, press and hold "CTL" then left click the off-grid item. It will jump on to your grid. I use this a lot in package editor to move pads that were initially placed on a metric grid that I later decided to place on a "close enough" division (1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16) of the default 0.1".

With best regards, brett900h. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@bellsoh.net

Reply to
brett900h