Simulating SPST and SPDT switches?

That's about the only way to attack it.

...Jim Thompson

I've spent a few hours over the last couple of days trying to design a realistic and easy-to-handle simulation for break-before-make toggle switches. But I imagine this is re-inventing the wheel, as there must be well-established techniques. I'm using Circuitmaker, but I assume the principles must be similar in other programs.

My approach so far (to the more complex case of a SPDT switch) has been to use two VCSs, a triangle wave input (inverted before applying to the 2nd VCS), and altering the respective VCS's Threshold values to get the 'break-before-make' delay. But I expect I'm making heavy weather of it, and would be grateful for shared techniques please.

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

As I suspected, once I started thinking straight, this turned out to be pretty simple. For a SPDT, with about 40 ms between break and make, I'm using this arrangement:

Anyone have any suggested alternatives please?

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

Thanks. See also my later reply. Does that design look OK?

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK