tiny SPDT switch

I need a really tiny SPDT switch that's easy to switch from above.

This would do:

But it seems to be just a trimpot with no resistance element. I may as well use a 10K trimpot. I measured a Bourns 4mm surface-mount trimpot and it gets below 0.2 ohms on both ends.

It's a weird switchable filter circuit where the resistance across the "switch" could possibly be a benefit.

Ah, all those legal disclaimers. The US is really the land of the free. You can barely even fart without getting sued.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Something like this?

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Crap, SPDP, not SPSP - will look further...

John :-#(#

Reply to
John Robertson

How about this for smallish?

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Thanks for looking. I don't have much room, about 7x7 mm.

I designed a brutally fast totem-pole GaN pulse generator output stage, but it's little ratty looking, and the rise and fall times are not equal. So I figured I could add an RLC filter to make it beautiful and still deliver about 1.5 ns edges.

One customer wants it fast and ugly, so rather than having another version, or letting the customer hack it, we prefer to add a speed switch on the next PCB rev.

jlarkin
<snip>

The US is infested with lawyers in the same way the US is infested with accountants.

Apparently you can get a legal degree in the US from a night-school, studying after working hours, in the same way that you can get an accountants ticket in the UK.

US legislatures are infested with lawyers who make sure that any law ..enacted offers loads of opportunities for their relatives to make money.

It does seem to wrecking the country. Donald Trump has been remarkably litigious all through his career, and seems to have made money from it, rather than getting declared to be a vexacious litigant. If you can afford to hire sufficiently skillful lawyers you do seem to be able to get away with barratry.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

On a sunny day (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 13:11:18 -0700) it happened John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Been using these lately to switch things on proto board, not expensive:

Also works fine as normal switch (now for years). Couple of MHz (20 or so) OK, not tested any higher.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Why not use a jumper and three 0.100 spaced pins? That is about 8mm x 4mm...

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

8 mm is too much!

We want the customer to be able to swap easily between pretty mode and fast mode. The parts will be tucked down near the front panel, not easy to access. The rotary switch is cool, easy to hit with a longish screwdriver.

Here it is, I think:

jlarkin

Useful information...

John ;-#)#