Switches

Hi, I have a basic setup of a 5" LCD TV, a video transmitter and a receiver. Each piece of equipment is powered by 3 12v batteries which are each wired to 3 seperate switches, allowing me to turn the power on and off from one location.

However, I wondered if I could replace these 3 switches with just one switch, allowing me to power all 3 devices by just the one switch.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Sean

Reply to
sean

As long as you choose a switch with a high enough current rating to handle all three, it should work...

Reply to
Randy Day

I'm not saying you won't run into problems by doing so how ever, in theory that should work as long as the switch and single battery you select will handle the load. There is a remote possibility how ever, that one of the devices could be using a raised common from the (-) rail for example, to derive a - offset/bipolar source from the assumed non-shared supply.

--
"I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jamie