PSpice TLOSSY Parameters

The TLOSSY transmission line has these parameters: LEN - Electrical length R - Per unit length resistance L - Per unit length inductance G - Per unit length conductance C - Per unit length capacitance

All of these are clear to me except G. Since there is an R, what is the purpose of G? My guess is that G is the conductance per unit length between the center conductor and the shield. Correct?

PSpice objects when G is 100 or more times larger than C, so it appears that PSpice is looking for a small number, i.e., a high resistance. That's why I reached the conclusion stated above.

Reply to
Bob Penoyer

"Bob Penoyer" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Hello Bob,

G is the conductance between the center wire and the shield.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

Yes.

The dimension of C is Farads, per unit-length

The dimension of G is mho's (reciprocal of Ohms), per unit-length

If the conductance (resistive) is more than the effective conductance of the capacitance you'd have a pretty bad line :-) ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.