PCB tolerances

Hi.

If that is hole size, it will be difficult to achieve. Even twice that tolerance would be tighter than is usually specified for ordinary FR4/copper laminated PCBs.

If that is tolerance on position of the edges, it is even further from practicality. Drills tend to wander off vertical as they go thru a stack of boards.

You should consult a few vendors on practical tolerances. For example:

You're welcome.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com

Hi,

Is a tolerance of 0,05 mm for holes on a PCB normal or is this a problem to achieve?

thanks,

rokanon

Reply to
rondo

Thanks for your info,

The problem is that the automative world is ruled by the mechanicals and it very hard to convince them about tolerances.

rokanon

Reply to
rondo

Hmmm... what make do you work for? Sounds like something I should avoid next time I buy a car :-)

A more serious note: Several years ago I read a very interesting article on tolerances used in various parts of the automotive industry. This article was published in one of IEEE's magazines. Parts as different as door hinges and crankshafts were treated. What made it interesting was the part that correlated part tolerances to owner experience.

Martin Schöön

                                     "Problems worthy of attack
                                      prove their worth by hitting back"
                                                              Piet Hein