NE-2 I-V Curve ??

...snip... Often what works around all these obstacles is to have your power supply be a pulse- or PWL-based source... start up from zero (in a .TRAN situation) seems to work every time. ...Jim Thompson

yes, it seems TI purposely causes trouble for LTspice, to encourage the use of TINA.

On most of those, I simply use a PWL as the power supply, usually works.

Reply to
RobertMacy

As you know I'm building a business making models that work properly, match the real device (or at least the data sheet), and a number of TI parts are on the wish list... not only because the models are obtuse, but many new ones are encrypted. ...Jim Thompson

Well, good luck then...

Reply to
Ralph Barone

I've just sold my first major manufacturer modeling job. So your good wishes paid off ;-) ...Jim Thompson

In other words, it works better if _you_ turn it on :)

--
Neither the pheasant plucker, nor the pheasant plucker's son.

Jasen Betts

You show lack of experience with simulators... ramping up the power supply from zero (and selecting "Skip Initial Bias Point Calculation"), solves almost every starting point convergence I've ever experienced. ...Jim Thompson

Probably, because you are not doing full chip simulations with 10k+ analog transisters :-)

Kevin Aylward

Kevin Aylward

Oh? But I do. However most, if not all, of those monster chips use a POR. I was just offering up a suggestion for those experiencing convergence issues. ...Jim Thompson

Yep. TANH! But handles neon much better if you use current-controlled voltage source, rather than current-controlled current source (which will be just ducky for tunnel diode modeling).

Falling back on my math crutches (I use several :-) I show the preliminary results at...

Still need to parameterize the valley shape to suit all possibilities. ...Jim Thompson